Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Inspiration: Outfits for Christmas

Although Christmas is only a day away, I've just gotten the feel of the holidays this morning. Since going to college and not being able to do traditional holiday things with the family, I have gotten the Christmas spirit way later than should be acceptable. Instead of watching movies and listening to carols on the radio, I'm in my dorm studying for finals and writing papers, only to get back just in time to get a tree and decorate the house for the holiday.

Ok enough complaining. During the holidays it's like a good three days of party hopping with family. Because of this, I tend to pre-plan my outfits so that I have an easier time getting up and going (which is especially important for post all night party breakfast at 9am on day three). Anyway, I created a few outfits to help with holiday celebrations to take some stress out of the extended family gathering.


"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"

WInter

My Christmas always begins with opening presents with my immediate family and brunch at my uncle's house. Because of the chill nature of the the beginning of the festivities, I generally like to dress comfortably. This denim shirt with leggings combo will keep you warm and comfortable without the discomfort of overeating mixed with well fir jeans (#firstworldproblems). Added plus, the leggings feature a cute reindeer motif!


"Baby, It's Cold Outside"


Holiday Clothing
The second day of celebrations includes a family party at my parent's house. I generally go for something comfortable, yet still somewhat put together looking. Because of this, I paired a sweater and jeans with timeless booties and a braid to convey that "I care, but not too much" look.

"Deck the Halls"
Winter

For some reason, my mother always uses red and green plaid as her print of choice for Christmas. Although 13 years of private school has made me highly biased against wearing plaid (especially plaid skirts), yet it is what I'm subconsciously drawn to during the holidays. The two outfits are basically the same, yet the right is more "grungy" than the left. Both outfits would be appropriate for both a family get-together or fun with friends.


"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"

Holiday FOrmal


I laugh when people say, "You can't wear white after Labor Day". Honestly, I think white looks the best in winter. I always found it stunning, regal almost, to see a white outfit in the snow. Because of this, I like to wear white for formal events, especially during the Christmas season. The dress is a crisp white that will go with any style genre, with the red accents from the shoes and lips adding a festive tone. The fur gilet makes the dress season appropriate and adds warmth.


Hopefully this has given you some ideas. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment