Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Back to Campus: Outfit Inspiration for Fall 2014

First things first (I'm the realest...haha, sorry I couldn't help myself), I apologize for not posting since April. Life has been super busy and between class, moving home and back, and work, I didn't have the time or energy to keep up with blogging. I plan on having at least two posts this week if that's any consolation.

Although this is a bit early, especially for those who have just graduated high school, I thought it'd be a good idea to start thinking about outfits perfect for the semester. With all of the mid-summer sales and discounts, now is the perfect time to refresh your closets (and possibly try out a new style). Hopefully, the following outfits will give you some ideas for outfits to look super stylish on campus!

Casual, Comfortable, and Chic

Back to college 2014


This outfit is perfect for those carefree days. The loose shirt, sandals, and braid brings a bit of summer into the classroom. the addition of fitted jeans makes the outfit a bit more polished and helps maintain the "learning environment" vibes in the classroom. Beauty wise, I like to keep things to a minimum during the year, with only a bit of tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, and a hint of lip color. Benefit's Cha-Cha tint is perfect for this purpose. Despite it being a lip balm, you can use it to add a summer glow to your cheeks, too!




Trendy with an Edge

  
Back to college 2014

This look is great for those who love playing around with pops of color, or even those who can't wait for Autumn to come around. The heathered cotton skirt gives just enough breathing room for those hot summer afternoons. The breezy shirt will help keep you cool on even the warmest of days, despite its dark color, and the shoes will help elongate your legs without the lack of comfort and support heels can add to an outfit. I love dark lipstick, so I decided to gather inspiration from Lorde. I suggest an all-over neutral face, with slightly exaggerated eyeliner and dark mauve lips (I have MAC's Rebel pictured here. Swatches can be found here).

Summertime Globetrotter

Back to college 2014

I really love the printed pant trend, so I had to find a way to incorporate a pair in this post. The pants give an earthy/bohemian feel to the outfit, which I further played up with the tasseled kimono jacket.The crop top adds a modern, trendy touch to a somewhat timeless print. I really love gold accents, so I decided to add gold accented sandals and a gold accented faux leather jacket.

Summer Sunsets


Back to college 2014


For those of us who are in no hurry to get rid of the carefree days of summer, these breezy dresses double as cover ups for late afternoon beach runs after class. The two dresses featured look great with tanned skin and sun-bleached hair, with the added benefit of being classroom appropriate.


I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any ideas for future posts, put them in the comment box and remember to subscribe!

Happy Summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment