Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: MAC So Chaud Lipstick



I heard oranges were the "it" color this summer, and with my bronzy-olive skin tone, I thought I should give it a shot. Unsure of the brightness and warmth of orange in my comfort zone palette of deep, rich fall tones, I began experimenting with the color in my wardrobe. First to don the staple color were my nails, which I thought looked stunning. Then the color migrated to my clothing, a favorite being a monotone neutral, usually some shade of grey, and high waist jeans with an orange bag and turban. Then while browsing the mall I found the ultimate statement and addition to my makeup collection, MAC's So Chaud and Morrange. I ended up purchasing So Chaud, since Morrange was a bit too far out of my comfort zone. I didn't take a picture of the swatch in the store, but will compare the two colors in my review.


As stated in the photos above, So Chaud is a matte color. I was pleasantly surprised that this color was no where near as dry as Ruby Woo, which literally feels like crayon. Anyway, this matte goes on smooth, has an opaque application, and stays on all day.


The color is bold, but not as bold as Morrange, which has a neon quality to it (I believe Morrange has an amplified finish, explaining the neon quality). So Chaud is more on the red orange side of the color spectrum, whereas Morrange is more yellow orange, so keep that in mind when deciding which will work better for you.


Here is So Chaud swatched on my hand. It looks more red than it actually is, but I promise, it's orange.



The color will stain your lips, so I suggest a thin layer of Vaseline before application of this color (or any other mattes for that matter)

Overall, I believe that orange is a much softer alternative to red lipstick. It's also a lighter, more youthful choice for adding color to an otherwise neutral face. I highly recommend So Chaud for anyone looking for a way to incorporate orange into their wardrobe or wants to try something different.


No comments:

Post a Comment